All District activities will be closed on
Thursday, January 1, 2015
including the Household Hazardous Waste facility, the Business Office, and the Recycling facility.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER,
all District activities will be closed during periods of extreme weather.
We will utilize the expertise of the County Road Department in determining if we need to suspend activites.
If the County Offices are closed, the District will be closed.
Please check the County's website www.bentoncountyar.gov for information on closings
or watch your local news for Benton County Government offices closing notices
Welcome to our website! You will find information on the many services we offer as well as information on various types of solid waste management including waste reduction and reuse, recycling and disposal.
Please contact us if you have any questions about us or our services at (479) 795-0751.
The Benton County Solid Waste District is one of 18 Regional Solid Waste Management Districts in Arkansas. The Solid Waste Districts are partners in solid waste management activities with the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality.
We strive to promote and support a high quality of life for the citizens of Benton County by providing a comprehensive, responsive, environmentally-safe, efficient, and cost-effective solid waste management program through the operation and over-sight of an integrated solid waste management system focused on aggressive reduction, reuse and recycling programs and proper disposal of all other solid waste materials.
Districts are tasked with certain responsibilities and duties by State Law. These include:
- Collecting, studying and evaluating data regarding the solid waste needs of all localities within the District.
- Formulate plans for providing adequate solid waste management.
- Make recommendations to local governments on solid waste management issues.
- Review applications for Certificates of Need for solid waste disposal facilities.
- Monitor compliance of all solid waste permit holders with State and District regulations.
- Provide public notice of and participation in any findings or rulings of the board.
- Encourage recycling by District citizens, businesses, industries and governments.
The District is located at 5702 Brookside Rd, Bentonville, AR 72712. Phone number: (479) 795-0751. Our business office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is closed on all State Holidays and during periods of extreme inclement weather.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO BEING OF SERVICE TO YOU!
ON FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/BCrecyclesAR
OR TWITTER @BCRecycles_AR